As a subset of the broader Executive Network, we also work with an advisory group of executives in a similar capacity as the Executive Network which constitutes our Executive Council. Members of the Executive Council each take on an active role with Bunker Hill Capital, which provides us with a highly valued resource in executing specific investment strategies with portfolio companies. Some Executive Council members are also investors in Bunker Hill Capital funds. Below are the Executive Council members by primary industry sector.
Industrial Products Sector
- Eric E. Klein is the former President and CEO of Component Hardware and has over 34 years of experience in manufacturing and distribution. Eric co-founded Component Hardware in 1981 and successfully implemented a strategy of outsourcing all manufacturing, primarily to the Far East but also domestically. This was a prior portfolio company of the principals of Bunker Hill Capital while at BancBoston Capital.
- Raymond B. Langton has over 40 years of experience in multiple markets including automotive, aerospace, industrial, consumer products, personal care and healthcare. He is a co-founder and president of Central Street Capital, a management advisory and private investment firm focused on niche manufacturing and value added distribution businesses. Ray also serves as an operating partner with Tonka Bay Equity Partners and Parallel Investment Partners. Previously, Ray was the CEO and later Chairman of Applied Tech Products, the CEO of SKF North America, the CEO of Chicago Rawhide Worldwide, and held key managerial posts with Fram Corporation and Continental Forest Industries. Ray is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Superior Group and Southco Inc.
- Donald R. McIlnay has extensive experience in international business development, including opening new markets, establishing distribution channels and building local business models. Don has spent over 35 years in both industrial and consumer markets, including 21 years in general management positions with The Stanley Works, Newell and GibsonHomans. Currently, Don is actively involved in a business he co-founded, Mac Business Advisors, Inc. In addition, he serves on a number of Executive Advisory Boards including Bunker Hill Capital, Global Business Resource Center, Emerging Markets Council, Fuel Sports Management and Kipper Tool Company.
- William R. Pesch is currently CEO of the B&E Group, a design-to-production manufacturing company that serves the aerospace and defense industries. Bill has over 30 years of experience in senior leadership positions in such firms as Able Manufacturing, McBride Electric, Zodiac Aerospace, Anacomp, Marconi, Maytag, and Siemens Building Technologies. Bill has brought his extensive operational, financial, marketing, and sales leadership experience to a number of international markets in a variety of industries, including aerospace, industrial manufacturing, and energy management.
- George A. Psyhojos is currently President and CEO of Curtis Industries, LLC. He has over 30 years of experience leading the transformation of businesses, developing winning strategies and then leading the execution of those strategies to achieve substantial growth in revenues and profitability. He has extensive experience driving fundamental manufacturing and operational improvements across a broad range of industries as a President and CEO, as an Independent Board Director, and as a Management Consultant. He is the former President and CEO of Berkshire Manufactured Products, Inc. and Vice President and Managing Director of Arthur D. Little, Inc.’s Operations Management Practice. George is currently a member of the Board of Directors of Hubbardton Forge, LLC, and Fabrico, Inc.
- Bruce E. Ryan is the former Chairman and CEO of Maxcess International and has over 32 years of experience in the industrial products sector. He currently sits on the boards of several industrial products companies. He has been the CEO of companies with revenues ranging from $20 million to $300 million and has both grown and downsized businesses. Bruce has managed businesses in Europe and Asia as well as in the U.S. Bruce recently co-founded URCOMM, a privately funded group committed to the full scale commercialization of technologies based on university research. Maxcess was a prior portfolio company of the principals of Bunker Hill Capital while at BancBoston Capital.
Business Services Sector
- David A. Minella is the CEO and Director of Aligned Asset Managers, a portfolio company of GTCR, which is a financial services holding company focused on investments in the asset management industry. He was formerly Chairman and CEO of Prospect Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, and the former President and CEO of Value Asset Management, a prior portfolio company of the principals of Bunker Hill Capital while at BancBoston Capital. Dave has over 30 years of executive management experience in the financial services sector. Prior to joining Value Asset Management in 1997, Dave was President and CEO of Liechtenstein Global Trust Asset Management, a $60 billion asset management firm.
Specialty Retail Sector
- Thomas J. Galligan III is the former Executive Chairman and CEO of Papa Gino’s/D’Angelo. Tom has over 25 years of experience in the retail and foodservice industries with a focus on finance and operations through execution of strategic planning. Tom currently is a Board member of two public and two private companies. Prior to joining Papa Gino’s/D’Angelo, Tom held executive positions at Morse Shoe, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc. and Arthur Young and Co.
- Gary T. Klencheski has over 35 years of experience working with companies to address the prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses of employees. Gary was President and CEO of Fitcorp Fitness Centers in Boston, MA, which specialized in the delivery of fitness and wellness services to the corporations throughout New England, from 1979 until its acquisition by Town Sports International in May 2013. Gary is currently the President of TSI's Fitcorp Private Fitness Center Division, which is dedicated to managing private fitness centers for corporations, colleges and hospitals throughout New England and the Mid-Atlantic regions.
Consumer Products Sector
- Michael Bernstein is the Chairman and CEO of Polyconcept Group, the global leader in the promotional products industry. Michael has spent over 20 years in the promotional products industry, including having served as CEO of Global Promo Group, a prior portfolio company of the principals of Bunker Hill Capital while at BancBoston Capital. Michael has excellent general management experience with particular expertise in product development and sourcing and has successfully grown businesses both organically and through acquisition.
- William C. Hale is the founder and President of The Hale Group, a consumer products consulting firm. Bill has worked with companies of all sizes, from large multinational conglomerates to small family-owned businesses, and has led studies on a wide variety of topics including best practice vendor solutions and branded retail distribution strategies.
- John R. Ranelli is President and CEO of Central Garden & Pet Company, a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the lawn and garden and pet supplies markets. John serves as Chairman of Woolrich, Inc., a global apparel and accessories company, and prior to joining Central, served as both Chairman and CEO. John is the former CEO of Mikasa, Inc., a leading designer, developer and marketer of branded, premium tabletop products. John has over 35 years of experience in consumer products with particular expertise in branding. Prior to Mikasa, John held executive positions at FGX International, Stride Rite, Deckers Outdoor (TEVA and Ugg), TLC Beatrice and the Timberland Company.
- Charles H. Cremens has 30 years experience in restructuring public and private companies. Chuck most recently was President and CEO of Spirit Finance where he was responsible for its restructuring. He is an Independent Director for Tactical Holdings, Conexant Systems, Capmark Financial Group and Bunker Hill Capital portfolio company Specialty Brands Holdings. Previously, Chuck was an Independent Director for Intrawest Holdings, Kerzner International, and General Growth Properties during their restructurings. He was President and CEO of Conseco Finance through their bankruptcy and sale and held executive management positions with WMF Group, Beacon Properties, Aetna and Bank of Boston.
- Hugh H. MacArthur is the Head of Global Private Equity at Bain & Company and works with private equity funds on investment deal generation, strategic due diligence and portfolio company improvement. He has advised funds in North America, Europe, India, Asia, Latin America, Africa and Australia. Hugh’s experience covers portfolio strategy, growth strategies, consumer and industrial marketing and sales, manufacturing cost reduction and distribution cost reduction.
- Michael H. McKay has over 25 years of experience in investment funds. He is an advisor and founding partner of Bain & Company’s Private Equity Group, working with investment funds on strategic due diligence of industrial and energy sector investments. He is a former Managing Partner at Results Capital, a long-short public equity investment fund, and the former Chief Investment Officer of Portfolio Logic LLC, a DC based investment fund. Mike’s experience also includes serving as a project development analyst for Harvard University’s planning group and as a client service consultant for Dun & Bradstreet. In addition to his responsibilities with Bain & Company, Mike is an Adjunct Professor at the Brandeis International Business School, where he teaches MBA classes in Private Equity and Security Analysis. Mike is currently a member of the Board of Directors of Hubbardton Forge, LLC, and Construction Partners, Inc.
- Robert M. Wolf, Esq. is a Partner at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP (formerly Bingham McCutchen LLP),where he focuses his practice almost exclusively on leveraged acquisitions, recapitalizations, equity investments and mezzanine financings for a variety of private equity firms and financial institutions. Rob has spent over 30 years representing financial sponsors and financial institutions in buyout transactions and related financings.